Possible Solutions to turn off Windows Automatic Update
Microsoft Windows 10 does not include the simple option of turning off the automatic updates unlike other older versions like windows 8 and windows 7. Furthermore, updates are very necessary to your windows, and also from these updates, you can get the latest insider versions of windows and also very important security updates. The main problem people suffer from automatic updates that they take the internet speed and the important task you are doing suffers.
Methods of stopping Microsoft Windows 10 Automatic Update Includes:
- Through Disabling the Windows Update Service.
- Group Policy Editor Setting.
- Through WIFI Meter.
Firstly, the most important thing you keep in your mind is that this method is for a limited time span and updates will turn on after some time span.
Press windows+R Key or type run in your search box. The following screen will appear.
Type services.msc in the text box and click on the ok button or press enter button on the keyboard.
There all active services windows is running are displayed. You have to scroll down and search for windows update.
Right-click on the windows update service and click on the properties. The following screen will appear.
Click on the Startup type drop-down and select disabled and save the settings
This will disable the automatic update of your windows permanently for updating the you have to enable this windows service by following these above steps.
Method 2 Changing settings of Group Policy Editor
By changing the setting of the group policy editor updates will never install automatically. Moreover, you will be notified that new updates are available. Now, it is your choice you install them or not. This feature is not available for Windows 10 (Home Edition).
- Press Windows + R key on the keyboard
- Type gpedit.msc and press the enter button
- Under the computer configuration category click on Administrative Templates.
- Click on windows components and go to windows update.
- Double click on option Configure Automatic Update, a new window will appear and click and “Disabled” and save.
Method 3 Through Network Meter.
This method will turn off automatic updates when your computer and device is working on WIFI internet connection only.
- Click on the start button and click on settings.
- Now, click on the network and internet button.
- Furthermore, click on the wifi name you are connected and click on the advanced option.
- Then turn on your metered network connection.