PHP PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE START WRITING FIRST PROGRAM
PHP stands for Hypertext Preprocessor (PHP) is a dynamic programming language that allows the developers to create dynamic web pages for the website they are developing. Moreover, using this language developers can interact with the database and get, insert, and update data from the database. So, If you want to develop a dynamic website or web application this is a very good choice for you to start developing with.
PHP is also known as a server-side scripting language that interacts with webpages and also embeds with HTML language to develop the website or web application.
The most important thing is that if one wants to be a well-reputed software engineer this language is a starter for him because in nature this language is very simple and easy to code for the development of webpages.
Some Major Features of PHP Language include
- It is simple, flexible, secure, and efficient in nature.
- Moreover, this language supports many databases for integration like MySQL, Postgre, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, etc.
- Also, it supports all major protocols like IMAP, POP3, LDAP, etc.
- The syntax is very easy and like basic programming language-C.
Pre- Requisite Software to run a PHP Script.
To implement the script you must have the following two software installed in your machine.
- Apace Server.
- Notepad, Sublime Text, etc.
Writing a First Program in PHP language Hello World!
<html> <head> <title>Hello World</title> </head> <body> <?php echo "Hello, World!";?> </body> </html>
Explanation of Above Program
In the above program
- <?php means starting of the script.
- ?> means ending of the script.
- The echo means to print or display something on the webpage. You can pass the variable of some string in the quotes as mentions above.
The output of the Program Written Above.
This Program will display output Hello World! Message on the webpage.
Pre Requisite for this Article.
If you want to implement this tutorial first you must have basic understanding and knowledge of programming languages, internet search, database, and HTML language.